Everywhere is now the head of the classroom.
EdTech online courses are teacher-led and teacher-evaluated. We use professors, not facilitators, and they are just an email or a phone call away.
Use caution as you evaluate other online programs because some offer self-directed courses that are, essentially, electronic correspondence courses–but we don’t. Others use standardized tests and grading machines, and still others list professors of record, but the students interact with less-qualified facilitators, and many online programs require students to attend seminars on campus–but not us.
We never require our students to come to campus. They are always welcome to visit, and we encourage them to come for graduation, but they are not required.
Although our courses are actual classes, they typically do not meet at specified times or days, unless specified in schedule of classes. All assignments have due dates, but students work on those assignments at whatever hour of the day is suitable for them.
- PC: Windows 7 or newer
- Mac: OS X
- Headset with microphone
- Internet: Broadband connection
- Microsoft Office 2016 (PC/Mac)
- Adobe CC
Note: A few of our electives require specialized hardware or software. Please see the course description and/or syllabus for specific information.
- BSU BroncoTech (student ID required)
- Academic Superstore (online)
- Email: email@example.com
We recommend that students maintain a subscription to Lynda.com while enrolled in the program. Lynda offers access to thousands of video tutorials on many software applications. As educational technologists, you will constantly encounter the need to learn new technologies, and Lynda can assist along the way.
The software downloads below are free. Update your software to the most current version.
- Firefox Web Browser: In order to simplify compatibility issues, we recommend that students access their courses using Firefox (not Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Quicktime Video Player: Many courses include video presentations which are only accessible using Quicktime.
- Flash Player: Many courses include A/V presentations which require Flash Player.
- Adobe Reader: Many courses include .pdf documents which require Adobe Reader.
- Java Runtime Environment: Many courses incorporate content which requires JRE.