You may qualify for this one-time only $1,000 scholarship if you are a new or currently enrolled EdTech graduate student who meets one of the following criteria:
- are currently employed as a K-12 or higher education teacher in Idaho,
- are completing the final semester of an undergraduate teacher education program at an Idaho university,
- has graduated from an Idaho college or university and is teaching in a different state or country.
All applicants must be current EdTech students or newly accepted students into the Master of Educational Technology program and must be registered for a minimum of two classes during the semester the award is received.
How To Apply
Step #1 – Apply for admission to the EdTech programs. Please follow the admission steps here: https://edtech.boisestate.edu/admissions/admission-procedures/
Step #2 – Apply for the scholarship here (Search for EdTech Idaho Scholarship): https://boisestate.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
Step #3 – Wait to hear if you are eligible for this scholarship.
NOTE: The EdTech staff will verify your eligibility for this scholarship. If awarded, the money will be applied toward your first or next semester’s tuition (if you are a current student) after the 10th day of class. You must be registered for two classes in the semester in which the money is awarded. Eligible students must pay full tuition by the fee deadline dates or expect to pay a late fee. (Please see #4 in FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am an Idaho teacher. When can I apply for this scholarship?
- What do I need to apply?
- Why am I asked other questions when I apply for this scholarship?
- After I apply, how will I receive the money?
- Where can I find the scholarship application? (Search for EdTech Idaho Scholarship)
- Can I apply for a second scholarship?
- Can I use my $1000 in several semesters?
- I am a current student and an Idaho teacher. Can I apply for this scholarship?
- I am a current student and I teach outside of Idaho, can I apply for this scholarship?
- I am a new student who has not started classes yet. When can I apply for the scholarship?
- I am a current student who completed some classes. When can I apply?
- Are department graduate assistants (GAs) eligible for the scholarship?
All Idaho teachers (K-12 or higher ed.) are eligible to apply for this scholarship after final official acceptance by the EdTech Department and the Graduate College.
You will need your employer’s address and contact information, your student ID# and your Boise State email address.
The Graduate College wants to find out if you may be eligible for other scholarships as well.
If you are a brand new student with us, your scholarship money will be applied to your tuition after the 10th day of classes if you are registered for two classes in your first semester. Students are expected to pay the full tuition by the fee deadlines before classes begin. Then, after the 10th day, your scholarship money will be applied to any outstanding fees or will be refunded to you if no fees are outstanding. If you are a current student, the scholarship money will be applied toward the tuition for your next class if you are enrolled in two classes in that semester.
No, this is a one-time-only opportunity.
No, you must use your award in one semester only and you must be enrolled in two classes in that semester. New students will receive the award for their first semester classes.
Yes, but you must be enrolled in two classes in the semester in which you want to use the money.
Yes, IF you also graduated from an Idaho college or university.
You can apply after you are accepted by the graduate college.
You can apply now.
Because GAs already receive a tuition waiver, they should wait to apply for the scholarship until they are no longer employed as a GA.
Department of Educational Technology